This pack is designed to help schools find out more about the evacuees posted to their local area during the Second World War. Please note that every effort is made to provide information about local evacuees, but the archive does not hold records for every school for that period. The education officer will be happy to let you know what exactly we have for your area.
The resource pack may include:
- historic map of your local area in c1941
- local newspaper report describing the arrival of evacuees
- extract from your local trade directory c1939
- extract from school log books and admission records
- extracts from local government records concerning billeting of evacuees
- teacher's notes
Cost £30+VAT and p+p
If you are interested in a different aspect of life in Wiltshire during World War 2, e.g. home front, home guard, ARP etc please contact the Education Officer for more information.